Architect Leandro Locsin: Mid Century Architecture in the Philippines

St. Andrews Church Circa 1960's

Last month I attended a wedding in the Philippines held at St. Andrews Catholic church in Makati. I have never heard of this church before and from all the chatter about this church prior to the wedding led me to believe that this was a less than stellar church. But to my dismay as we pulled up to the parking lot my jaw dropped as I was shocked to see a superbly designed specimen of Mid Century Modern architecture before me. Upon arriving back in the US I did a little research on this church and found out it was designed by Leandro Locsin, the Philippines foremost modernist architect. Locsin also designed government buildings such as the Cultural Center of the Philippine and the Philippine International Convention Center below. Apologies for not having any current photos of the church, I was part of the entourage and had no time to photograph St. Andrews.
Cultural Center of the Philippines

Cultural Center of the Philippines

Cultural Center of the Philippines


Philippine International Convention Center Circa 1970's

(All photos in this post do not belong to me and were sourced from the internet)

No comments:

Post a Comment